Wirral's Transforming Local Infrastructure (TLI) is funded from central government and provides support to all sections of the voluntary, faith and community sector. Voluntary and Community Action Wirral is the lead partner for Wirral's TLI and partnership which will create a streamlined, innovative and bespoke service to Wirral's sector.
The project is funded from 1st April 2012 and will run to September 2013. This is an exciting prospect for the community and voluntary sector and Wirral's TLI partner organisations are very much looking forward to developing the project and helping to transform and enhance the sector.
The aims of the Wirral TLI project are:
- To create and alliance of local organisations make data collection and communications simpler, as well and improving access to high quality services.
- To provide extra resources to local community groups through an easy access pool of volunteers, and greater funding opportunities.
- To give organisations better representation and support them in making their voices heard in local and national policy discussions.
- To enhance the leadership of organisations and well as inspiring young people to become future leaders.
Wirral's TLI partners are: Community Foundation for Merseyside, Social Enterprise Network, Merseyside Expanding Horizons, Network for Europe, Merseyside Disability Federation, Youth Federation
As part of the TLI project MEH will develop the services of the LTU across Wirral. The Liverpool Transnational Unit (LTU) supports voluntary and community (VCS) sector organisations across the Merseyside area towards increased potential for sustainability through accessing European working opportunities by:
- Developing VCS organisations (planning, goal-setting, diagnostics, training, up- skilling)
- Sharing information, best practice and identifying opportunities for EC working
- Providing EC partner links and matching service
- Developing project applications for VCS organisations
- Secure inward investment from the EC to Merseyside based VCS organisations
The LTU will aim to not only match groups to European counterparts, but to identify opportunities, develop projects and help with securing funding for projects.
The LTU offers a bespoke service to organisations including the following services:
- Diagnostic analysis to identify support needs of VCS groups
- Practical support, training and advice for groups and staff/volunteers
- Development of projects and applications for project funding
- Ongoing management of transnational projects
Free support is available to organisations based in the Wirral area.
In addition to the work of The LTU, MEH will work with the Wirral TLI alliance to offer training and support in mentoring and informal learning.