Facilitating Family Learning on Work Life Balance
01/10/2009 - 30/09/2011
Project No: 502889-LLP-1-2009-1-LT-GRUNDTVIG-GMP
The problem of work-life balance is still faced by many families and often results in withdrawal of one of family members, usually women, from the labour market.
Despite some employers' initiatives to make family-friendly workplaces, they aren't widely spread and recognized in EU countries.
That's why it was important to raise awareness on necessity of bottom-up approach encouraging involvement of employees themselves in implementing family-friendly initiatives within their workplaces.
The Project aims were to develop an innovative approach to family learning on work-life balance. It seeked to develop the capacity of the employees to lobby for implementation of family-friendly measures at workplaces and as a result, to remain active on the labour market.
The Projects target groups were:
- learners-family members having problems in work and life balance;
- adult educators- family consultants on work and life balance;
- Adult education organizations, trade unions, workers' unions, family associations, NGOs, interested to use the prepared training material for their clients.
MAIN FAMILY-FRIENDLY MEASURES ENABLING RECONCILIATION OF WORK AND FAMILY LIFE:
- PATERNITY/MATERNITY/CHILD CARE LEAVES
- INSTITUTIONAL CHILD CARE SERVICES, CARE SERVICES FOR ELDERLY OR FAMILY MEMBERS WITH DISABILITIES
- FLEXIBLE WORK
- TRAINING/RETRAINING OF EMPLOYEES, WHO RETURN TO LABOUR MARKET AFTER A BREAK DUE TO FAMILY REASONS.
- STATE OF ART REVIEW analyzing the cases of implementation of gender equality planning at workplaces on work & life balance. It creates a base for defining the competency profile of family consultant, who works with family members having problems to reconcile work and family life.
- The multi-language COLLECTION OF GOOD PRACTICES based on personal reflection of the employees who have benefited from the family-friendly measures offered by their employer:
- brochure "Best practices on work & life balance"
- set of video-clips on DVD
- E-HANDBOOK on DVD "Family learning on work & life balance" with innovative training modules for family learning on work-life balance. It aims to help learners to develop their social and civic competences in the area of gender equality, family-friendly workplaces and work-life balance.
- The GUIDELINES for family consultant how to organize trainings on work-life balance for working family members and to encourage their active involvement in implementing family-friendly initiatives within their workplaces.
- 160 family members trained on work&life balance issues;
- 50 family members received personal consultations on work & life balance;
- 400 families encouraged for self-learning on family-friendly measures;
- 16 family consultants prepared to work with families having work & life balance problems;
- 70 adult educators and other social partners acquainted with the role of family consultant on work & life balance.
For more information please visit: www.family-learning.eu