Youth Support System - Sub action 4.3 – Support to Youth Workers’ Mobility
PRoMOTE: New Perspectives Through Mobility and Exchange
Merseyside Expanding Horizons is the coordinator of a new European project funded under the Youth in Action programme sub-action 4.3 that will support the mobility of Youth Workers in Europe.
The 12 month project called PRoMOTE: New Perspectives Through Mobility and Exchange involves the exchange of 2 youth workers from the UK and Italy. MEH is working in partnership with Italian non-profit organisation CSC Danilo Dolci - Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci” to support the bilateral exchange. For 6 months a youth worker from MEH in Liverpool is currently working in Italy for CSC Danilo Dolci and MEH is currently hosting a youth worker from CSC Danilo Dolci in Italy. Both youth workers will work at local and European level in the delivery of projects within the youth field. The placements in the UK and Italy will provide the opportunity for both youth workers to experience a new intercultural experience whilst gaining new skills in youth work.
Objectives of PRoMOTE are:
- Give youth workers the opportunity to experience a different working reality in anothercountry
- Gain a better understanding of the European dimension of youth work
- Improve youth workers' professional, intercultural and language competences
- Promote the exchange of experiences and approaches to youth work and non-formal education in Europe
- Contribute to develop stronger and better quality partnerships between youth organisations across Europe.
- Strengthen the quality and the role of youth work in Europe
The expected results will concern the two youth workers, the two hosting organisations and the local communities
- The two youth workers will a) improve personal skills (social and intercultural) 2) improve and obtain professional skills (linguistic and communication, non.formal and creative working methods) 3) increase knowledge and management of EU youth programmes 4) create a professional network contacts 5) grow awareness about active citizenship and his role for the community development.
- MEH and CSC Danilo Dolci will 1) strengthen collaboration with each other and increase their network 2) exchange good practices 3) have new input and ideas for new projects.
- The local community will have positive effects from the project by 1) raising awareness on active and European citizenship 2) knowing more about EU opportunities, especially in the youth field.
For more information about our partner CSC Danilo Dolci - Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci” click here
For more information about the Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 click here
To read about our previous 4.3 project YALIM - Youth Active Learning in Moving click here
Youth Support System - Sub action 4.3– Support to Youth Workers’ Mobility
YALM - Youth Active Learning in Moving
Merseyside Expanding Horizons is currently partner in Youth in Action programme sub-action 4.3 "YALM - Youth Active Learning in Moving".
MEH is involved in an exchange of 2 youth workers who are enjoying mobilities in Europe. The project supports a young worker from Liverpool who is currently working for an Italian non-profit organisation called CSC - Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo “Danilo Dolci”, and as a bilateral exchange, MEH is currently hosting a young Italian worker who will support the MEH team in the management and delivery of European and local projects. The placements in the UK and Italy will be carried out for 6 months and will provide the opportunity for both youth workers to experience a new intercultural experience whilst gaining new skills in youth work.
To read about UK Youth Worker Adam Robson's 4.3 experience in Palermo click here
To read about Italian Youth Worker Irene La Pera's 4.3 experience in Liverpool click here
For more information about the Youth in Action Programme 2007-2013 please click here