Innovative Methods and Practices to Facilitate Social Inclusion
Grundtvig Multilateral Project
Project No: 503575-LLP-1-2009-1-LT-GRUNDTVIG-GMP
Motive is an Erasmus + project funded by European Union which recognise that adult learning makes an important contibution to social inclusion, active ctizenship and can upskill/reskill those afected by unemployment. MOTIVE does this by developing a training methodology which enables adult learners to develop a personal pathway through finding their own Community Resilience Employability Development Opportunity (CREDO) they will discover motivation to become active citizens in their own community and to learn new skills and competencies through informal and non formal learning. MOTIVE will develop training course and learning course which support adult learners to become Community Learning Champions in their own community and support other adult learners to access and engage with their own CREDO and learning opportunities and validate this learning with use of validation tools.
By creating a personal pathway for individuals Motive will develop resources which can be used within community education to support people to become active citizens and develop/improve competencies and skills which enable them to move onto further education or employment. The project will develop resources, processes and guidelines which enable the Community Learning Manager to support the Community Learning Champions successfully. The resources will also enable learners to map out areas of the lives in terms of WORK (represented by how much time they are in paid employment), LEARNING (represented by the time spent in informal, non formal, or formal education), PLAY (how much time is spent doing leisure activities, and GIVING (represented by voluntary work) which in turn will support them to develop a personal action plan about which area of their life they would like to develop further. Thus the resources and training materials developed will enable practitioners and learners to develop skills and competencies within each sphere of their lives i.e. personal, social, and vocational.
The project will also develop an impact assessment based on tools and resources. This impact will use "3 way thinking" methodology which enables individual learners to assess the impact of their personal path and CREDO in terms of the impact that it has on themselves, the organisation will be working with, and the community as a whole.
MOTIVE involve a Consortium of 6 organisations from 5 European countries :
- Merseyside Expanding Horizons, United Kingdom
- Associazione Formazione 80, Italy
- Socialiniu inovaciju fondas, Lithuania
- Windmills Limited, United Kingdom
- Verein Multikuturell, Austria
- CEMEA Rhone-Alpes, France
To find out more about this exciting project or to get involved go to the project website
The project MIGOBI is a partnership of nine European partners in VET, adult education and higher education who want to contribute to Europe 2020 goals by:
- developing an open, flexible, interactive and engaging learning module on developing and experiencing entrepreneurial spirit in intercultural learning settings combining approaches used in adult education (open processes, learner centred) and approaches used in VET (outcome oriented, efficient). This module is designed to facilitate exchange between different learners on their values and attitudes concerning entrepreneurship and to encourage practical entrepreneurial experiences. This module will be available as open educational resource and will be usable in blended learning and face-to-face setting. It shall be so easily adaptable that tailored learning opportunities for different learners are made possible facilitating up-skilling processes of low skilled adults. It will be possible to include this module in many different VET and adult education settings benefitting both systems. In order to facilitate European recognition it will be aligned to European transparency instruments (ECVET / EQF).
- addressing the challenge of enabling teachers and trainers in adult education and VET to implement educational spirit as a transversal approach in various training settings and while teaching various subjects. A train-the-trainer course will be developed and tested both in European and in national settings with 140 trainers. All resources developed for this course will be open educational resources.
The module will be implemented with 90 learners coming from different areas in life (VET learners, adult learners, migrants, jobless young people) during the projects lifetime.
- MEH, United Kingdom
- BFI OOE, Austria
- VHS OOE, Austria
- EURO CULTURE, Italy
- CEPS PROJECTES SOCIALS, Spain
- AHE, Poland
- ISQ, Portugal
- ALPS, France
- ABF, Sweden
SAMIN is a Leonardo Transfer of Innovation project which will enhance vocational support to migrants through the documentation of innovative projects. The project will collate three examples of support available to migrants in each partner country (France, UK, Austria, Italy, Germany and Holland) to access the labour market, which will form a gap analysis. The project will produce a methodological handbook for practitioners to enhance the support available for migrants to access the labour market. Following on from this the partnership will engage with stakeholders to provide round table events and seminars to produce a capacity building manual.
More info : http://www.saminvet.eu/