TRAINING THE “OUTSIDERS” New training methodology and skill certification system addressed to disadvantaged people
GRUNDTVIG TRAINING COURSE IT-2013-918-001
TORINO – ITALY
27 - 31 MAY 2013
Objectives The aims of the project are:
• giving participants a new framework on basic skills training addressed to disadvantaged adults people (e.g. former prisoners, drug addicted people, disabled people, immigrants, etc.)
• to increase participant's knowledge on "on the job" training methodology addressed to adults, with particular focus on basic skills
• to increase participant's knowledge on adults informal, non formal and basic skill certification, according with the EQF (European Qualification Framework)
• Improving and increasing the cooperation between organizations involved in the field of disadvantaged adults education
• Exchanging experiences and good practices among people coming from different EU countries who are working in the same field.
The training methodology will be extremely practical. Participants will receive the necessary theoretical information concerning the training and certification methodologies and then they will be involved in role playing, case studies, discussions and working groups. During the course they will receive in itinere
evaluation questionnaires and teachers will clarify those aspects that might be more difficult or misunderstood. Each participant will have access to the ETOS project (Grundtvig) website where s/he can find further information and documents. At the end of the path each participant will be able in planning and organizing an "on the job" training course addressed to disadvantaged adults and to provide the necessary skill certification tools. The various training modules will incorporate a variety of situations and problems which are likely to be encountered in the real working situations.
Each participant has to read the methodology and skill certification handbooks prior to the beginning of the course. This preparatory document will be sent to each participant before the course starting so that they have sufficient time to prepare them in advance. Before the course starting each participant will receive also a presentation form, to be filled up and sent to the organizer; in this form they have to indicate their professional background and expectations about the course.
At the end of the path participants will plan and organize a training course for disadvantaged adults and provide the necessary skill certification tools. In the last course session a final evaluation questionnaire will be proposed and the evaluation's results will be sent to the agency. After the end of the course teachers will be at student's disposal for on-line help in training courses organization. They will help them in preparing the job descriptions, in delivering the training course and providing the final certification. The on - line help will be guarantee through Skype, drop box, e-mail. A mailing list of participants will be created in order to exchange ideas/experiences and, if possible, to propose new partnerships for future European Projects.
The attendance of course costs 1300 €, wich includes training, accommodation, breakfast and 1 lunch a day.
TO OBTAIN THE SCHOLARSHIP
The following instructions are for your advantage:
1) As soon as possible, and in any case before the 30th of April 2013, you have to submit the form to your National LLP Agency in order to obtain the scholarship grant (please, look for all information, instructions and the application form, through you National LLP Agency; the list of the Agencies and their related websites are available on the web-page http://ec.europa.eu/education/lifelong-learning-programme/national_en.htm)
2) When you receive the answer from you National LLP Agency, please send us an email immediately:
a) If the answer in negative your pre-registration request will be cancelled;
b) If the answer is positive, we will send you the instructions for the payment of the deposit (and later for the settlement) of the registration and accommodation fee. We reserve the right to cancel the IST Course in unlikely event of the number of participants is not reaching the 10 units minimum. If so, we will inform you immediately, so as to allow to use the LLP grant for another European course. Payments After having received a positive answer from your National LLP Agency you should immediately deposit a total amount of 300€ by bank transfer so to be definitely eligible to participate to the course. For this amount of money as well as for the whole fee, you will pay for you will be given a regular receipt. The remaining part of the fee has to be paid by 30th of April 2012 in order to obtain the final registration certificate. Bank transfer costs will be your liability.
To download the IST brochure please click here
Ask for the registration form: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the ETOS project please visit: www.etosproject.eu