“The outsiders” is a Grundtvig in Service Training course providing new training methodology addressed to disadvantaged people and it will be held in Athens from 10th to 14th February 2014. It will involve participants from Greece, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Italy, Poland and Lithuania.
The Benefits for Participants in taking part of the IST Course are:
- learning a new training methodology and skills' evaluation of people who aren't able to follow traditional training pathways, based on a "on the job" training process, entirely done in companies;
- learning a new framework on basic skills training addressed to disadvantaged adults people (e.g. former prisoners, drug addicted people, disabled people, immigrants, etc.)
- to increase own knowledge on "on the job" training methodology addressed to adults, with particular focus on basic skills;
- to increase own knowledge on adults informal, non formal and basic skill certification, according with the EQF (European Qualification Framework);
- improving and increasing the cooperation between organizations involved in the field of disadvantaged adults education;
- exchanging experiences and good practices among people coming from different EU countries who are working in the same field.
The training is addressed to adult education provider, second chance or remedial education, adult education for disabled persons, higher education institution offering outreach courses for adults, organisations working with migrant groups/ethnic minorities, centres for guidance, counselling or accreditation, other sectors of adult education.
The training methodology will be extremely practical. Participants will receive the necessary theoretical information concerning the training and certification methodologies and then they will be involved in role playing, case studies, discussions and working groups. During the course, participants will meet entrepreneurs and employees (people who have already participated to similar pathways) in order to listen and improve their knowledge concerning the placement of disadvantaged people, considering all the point of views.
During the course they will receive “in itinere” evaluation questionnaires and teachers will clarify those aspects that might be more difficult or misunderstood. Each participant will have access to the ETOS project (Grundtvig) website where s/he can find further information and documents. At the end of the path each participant will be able in planning and organizing an "on the job" training course addressed to disadvantaged adults and to provide the necessary skill certification tools.
The various training modules will incorporate a variety of situations and problems which are likely to be encountered in the real working situations.
Each participant has to read the methodology and skill certification handbooks prior to the beginning of the 4 course. This preparatory document will be sent to each participant before the course starting so that they have sufficient time to prepare them in advance.
Before the course starting each participant will receive also a presentation form, to be filled up and sent to the organizer; in this form they have to indicate their professional background and expectations about the course.
At the end of the path participants will plan and organize a training course for disadvantaged adults and provide the necessary skill certification tools. In the last course session a final evaluation questionnaire will be proposed and the evaluation's results will be sent to the agency.
After the end of the course teachers will be at student's disposal for on-line help in training courses organization. They will help them in preparing the job descriptions, in delivering the training course and providing the final certification. The on - line help will be guarantee through Skype, dropbox, e-mail. A mailing list of participants will be created in order to exchange ideas/experiences and possibly to propose new partnerships for future European Projects.
The attendance of course costs 1.300 €.This fee includes: accommodation with breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Course fee including tuition and didactic materials.
TO OBTAIN THE SCHOLARSHIP
1. If you are interested in this course, please contact the coordinator by e – mail (email@example.com) in order to obtain the pre – registration form. You will need this document for your application.
2. As soon as possible, and in any case before the 17th of September 2013, you have to fill and submit the form to your National LLP Agency in order to obtain the scholarship grant (please, look for all information, instructions and the application form, through you National LLP Agency; the list of the Agencies and their related websites are available on the web-page http://ec.europa.eu/education/lifelong-learning-programme/national_en.htm).
For further information and to download the IST brochure please click here