REVALUE is an Erasmus+ KA2 project, which aims to exchange good practices in the field of validation.
Although the process of validation of non formal and informal learning has been on the way since the early 2000's in Europe, the progress remains slow. According to our analysis of the situation in Europe (and our overview is backed up by the 2016 update report by Cedefop), some barriers remain in every country. We can notice that, on the one hand, the process doesn't progress equally in every country at the same time and on the other hand, some stakeholders involved in the process are more reluctant than others towards validation. This situation needs to be improved, according to us, because validation of non formal and informal learning is a leverage for employability.
Our partnership gathers 5 countries highly interested in the analysis "on the ground" of the situation of validation within the countries of the partnership. In order to better grasp the issue, within our own institution and during our transnational meetings, we will meet all the categories of stakeholders involved in the process and will interview them. This will allow us to :
- collect data from the identified target groups
- to be aware of the real needs on the ground
- to exchange good practices in our partnership - to make a list of recommendations to all categories of stakeholders
These results will be available through the following outputs:
1) A Validation national report
2) A list of good practices
3) A leaflet of recommendations dedicated to all stakeholders in the process of validation of non formal and informal learning
Merseyside Expanding Horizons Ltd - The United Kingdom